Online Class Delivery
- We believe that the best online class should make use of a variety of online tools. It is up to the teacher to decide what is the optimal mixture for his course, but in general we think there are four main pillars to build on:
- UNYP E-learning with online resources to read, assignments to submit, discussions to attend and even graded quizzes to take.
- Microsoft Office 365 portal with all the offered apps for file sharing, collaboration and communication.
- Videoconferencing in general, regardless of the particular tool you choose to use.
- Online whiteboards shared with all students used with mouse and keyboard or a tablet.
- MS TEAMS & Office 365
- ONLINE WHITEBOARDS
Online whiteboards generally allow you to freely draw or write using mouse and keyboard or even better, using graphics tablet with a pen. There are many free products on the market, we think the following are some good examples:
- Microsoft Whiteboard - a free product, either as a part of the online Office 365 portal (possibly used with MS Teams) or as a downloadable Windows 10 app from Microsoft Store (or iOS app). The online version is very simple, the downloadable app has more features. All versions support easy sharing with students (the advantage is that all students already have an account on Office 365).
- Bitpaper - a free and very easy to use purely online solution, supports sharing via link, export etc.
- iDroo - a free purely online educational whiteboard; it supports mathematical formulas and various symbols
- Ziteboard - free or paid version if want more features
- Scribblar - paid only with a large set of additional features