Most teachers at UNYP will use Zoom
to deliver hybrid/online classes. MS Teams
is the only alternative officially supported at UNYP. To succeed you will need a proper setup, to know the tool, and to behave accordingly:
- PC/laptop (not just a smartphone) in a quiet place where you won't be disturbed.
- Reliable internet connectivity (cable is better than WiFi).
- Good headset or speakers + mic with noise cancellation. A headset is a much better choice as it prevents any audio interference/feedback.
- Webcamera is necessary because some online exams will require you to have it on. And even in normal classes, it should be mostly turned on to ensure more natural interaction. Turn it off only if experiencing performance issues.
- Downloading the desktop app works best: https://zoom.us/client/latest/ZoomInstaller.exe
- Teachers will usually share the meeting link on their e-learning course page or send it to you via email.
- When joining the meeting, you will need to click "Join with computer audio"
- Upon joining the meeting, your microphone will be muted. Unmute it when you want to speak.
- All participants can share their screen but usually only one at a time. If you are to present your slides, the teacher will have to stop sharing his slides.
- Use the "Raise a hand" feature under "Participants" to gain the attention of the teacher
- Quick meeting joining guide:
BEHAVIOR DURING VIDEO CONFERENCE
- Patience and respect are key. Wait until the others finish talking or until you are asked to talk by the teacher.
- It is generally a good idea to keep your mic muted unless you want to speak.
- Keep your video turned on for better interaction unless you encounter severe performance/internet issues.Some things/questions are better discussed in chat.
- Some things/questions are better discussed in chat.