For Students - Student Exchange Program
- STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM
Ms. Markéta Salamánková
Erasmus and International Programs Coordinator
Office: Londýnská 41, 4th floor (to the left (Rector's Office))
Office Hours: By appointment
- Going Abroad Guide (Before, While Abroad, After)
- List of Exchange Partners
- Eligibility Requirements
- How to Apply
- Transfer Credit
- Short-term Programs
- 1. Going Abroad Guide (Before, While Abroad, After)
1. Look at the list of universities
2. Consider your priorities
3. Meet with the Student Exchange Program Coordinator
4. Determinate your eligibility
5. Meet with you academic advisor
6. Apply (5. Documents)
7. Start application process with the host institution
8. Submit the Course Selection Form (5. Documents)
After your application for exchange has been considered and the nomination accepted by host institution…
9. Attend the New Student Orientation at you host university
10. Let your home advisor know if there is a change in your schedule
11. Don't forget to preregister for upcoming semester at UNYP
12. Before you leave from abroad, please request your transcript
13. Complete the Exchange Program Report (5. Documents)
14. Submit Photos
15. Become and Exchange Student Ambassador
- 2. Exchange Partner Universities
Jiaxing University NEW!
Zhajiang Sci_Tech Institution NEW!
Philippines:Republic of Korea:
Turkey:Vietnam:Hoa Sen University NEW!
Albania:England:University of Richmond in London NEW!
- 3. Eligibility requirements
All applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
You must be a full-time degree-seeking bachelor student.
You must have completed 45 US credits (4-year bachelor students) or 75 ECTS credits (3-year bachelor students) prior commencing your first semester on exchange.
You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or above. (Note -- Some host institutions may place even higher GPA.)
You must have no incomplete grades from previous semesters.
You must have no current or pending probationary status due to academic dishonesty or misconduct.
You must have no outstanding financial obligations to UNYP.
You must be considered a good ambassador for UNYP.
You must meet the requirements of the host institution.
You must complete and submit the UNYP Student Exchange Program Application by the deadline.
During your exchange, you are expected to maintain a full-time enrollment at the host institution and comply with the rules and regulations (academic, codes of conduct, financial) of the host institution.
- 4. How to Apply
Before starting your application, make sure that:
- You fulfill the eligibility requirements
- You meet with the Student Exchange Program Coordinator
To apply for an exchange placement, you must hand in the following documents:
1. UNYP Student Exchange Program Application
The application form is available in the "Documents" section below. The form is .word document, so you can complete it electronically, print it out and sign it. Half completed forms will not be considered.
2. Statement of purpose
A 300 word statement about why you want to go on exchange. Think of the statement as a written interview. Tell us why UNYP should choose you over other applicants. You should outline:
- Where you want to go (first preference institution)
- Why you want to go there (academic reasons, personal interest, career prospects, etc.)
- How will this program benefit you (personally, academically, and/or for your career pursuits)
- Any relevant experience(s) you have had
Submit the completed and signed application along with the statement of purpose to Marketa Salamankova, Student Exchange Program Coordinator. Be sure to pay attention to the application deadlines. Note: Only completed applications will be accepted.
Fall Semester: March 1
Spring Semester: September 15
*Please note that some programs may have earlier deadline requirements. See the Student Exchange Program Coordinator for details.
What happens after the application has been submitted?
Students, who have submitted their application by the deadline above, will be notified of the outcome within one week of the deadline.
Decisions are NOT based on first-come-first-served, but primarily on the suitability of the institution to the student's degree. We ask students to list three universities they would be happy to study abroad at. This is recommended as we have limited places at each partner university. When processing your application we will aim to give you the first university listed, however, depending on demand, we may have allocate you to any of the universities you have listed. Therefore, we ask student to have an equal interest in all of them.
- 5. Documents
- 6. Transfer Credit
Credits from the exchange partner university will be evaluated and granted on a course equivalency basis only upon receipt of an official transcript.
To transfer credit from UNYP's exchange partners, students need to request one (1) official transcript in a sealed (unopened) university envelope to be mailed to UNYP (see mailing addresses below).
University of New York in Prague
Attn.: Marketa Salamankova
120 00 Prague 2 - Vinohrady