Housing and Social Stipends
UNYP students are eligible to obtain a housing stipend and/or a social stipend for the Fall 2014 semester from the Czech government.
The Housing Stipend for Fall 2014 is 540 CZK per month for 4 months (3 months for freshmen) and is paid at the end of the semester.
Who is eligible to receive a HOUSING STIPEND?
Full-time degree-seeking students (SUNY students with a minimum of 12 semester credits, BBA student with a minimum of 24 semester credits):
- not having a permanent residence in Prague
- studying in a program accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (BA, BBA, IER, COM, PSY)
- not studying at UNYP longer than 4 years (for SUNY students) and 3 years (for BBA students) (Previous studies at another university included!)
- not applying for a stipend in another study program outside of UNYP
***Please note that Study Abroad and Exchange students are not eligible for the Housing Stipend.
How to apply?
- Fill in the Housing Stipend form (see above), print it, sign it and bring it with a copy of an official document providing the address of your permanent residence (ID card or Passport) to the Registrar’s office (Londynska 41, 4th floor,).
Deadline for submitting forms for Fall 2014 to the Registrar’s Office: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24th, 2014.
Who is eligible to receive a SOCIAL STIPEND?
- Students must be awarded enhanced level child benefit by the State support office (Úřad státní sociální podpory).
- Students have to obtain a confirmation from the State support office declaring that an income of whole family is not higher than the minimum subsistence level in the Czech Republic and which is not also higher than a coefficient of 1,5.
How to apply?
- Bring the confirmation from the State support office and an affidavit that the amount of income that you provide is authentic.
Deadline for submitting forms for Fall 2014 to the Registrar’s Office: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24th, 2014