Housing and Social Stipends Spring 2017

Housing and Social Stipends Spring 2017

by Registrar Office -
Number of replies: 0

Housing and Social Stipends

Housing stipend is financial compensation paid by Czech government (for the purpose of housing) to those UNYP students whose permanent residence is OUTSIDE of the region in which studies are held (so outside of the city of Prague).

Housing Stipend for Spring 2017 is 540 CZK per month for 6 months (or 5 months for students who started n Spring 2017 semester) and is paid at the end of the semester.

What do you need to do to apply?

You need to bring 2 papers to Registrar Office:

Fill in the Housing Stipend form electronically (attached below). Print it, sign and bring to to Registrar Office (4th floor) together with a copy of any official document confirming that your permanent residence  is outside of Prague (usually a copy of your home country ID or your passport)

Deadline for submitting forms for Spring 2017 to the Registrar's Office:  Friday March 31, 2017, 17:00


Who is eligible to receive a HOUSING STIPEND?

Full-time degree-seeking students (SUNY students with a minimum of 9 semester credits / SUNY freshmen Spring 2017 minimum of 12 credits; BBA students with a minimum of 18 semester credits /BBA freshmen Spring 2017 minimum of 24 credit; Master in Psychology students - MPS) who fulfill following conditions:

  • Students who DO NOT HAVE their permanent residence in Prague
  • Students enrolled in programs accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (BA, BBA, IER, CMM, PSY, Master in Psychology - MPS)
  • Students who are studying NOT longer than 4 years (for SUNY students), 3 years (for BBA students) and 2 years (for MPS students). Previous studies at other universities are included!
  • Students who are not applying for the stipend in another study program outside of UNYP

Please note that the Ministry of Education is the institution that determines if a particular student is eligible for Housing Stipend. Furthermore, the Ministry only considers students enrolled in their "first study program/field" or transfer students "continuing their studies in the same field" to be eligible.  Those are internal terms applied by the Ministry of Education. Whether a student is recognized as "continuing study in the same study field" is also dependent on the code under which his/her previous university reported the leaving student.

*** Please note that Study Abroad and Exchange students are not eligible for the Housing Stipend.


Who is eligible to receive a social STIPEND?

  • Students who already are awarded enhanced level child benefit by the Czech State support office (Úřad státní sociální podpory).
  • Students have to obtain a confirmation from the State support office declaring that an income of whole family is not higher than the minimum subsistence level in the Czech Republic and which is not also higher than a coefficient of 1,5.


How to apply?

Bring the confirmation from the State support office and an affidavit that the amount of income that you provide is authentic.

Deadline for submitting forms: Friday March 31, 2017, 17:00.

489 words