UNYP Student Affairs opens Mentors program, where current students can support and share the knowledge with the newcomers!
Why it can be
exciting for you?
You will have an amazing experience in an intercultural team, learn event management, improve your organizational and intercultural skills, if successful add it to your CV, and get recommendation letters from Student Affairs office.
We are forming a group of 10 highly motivated students, who like to learn new things, develop and implement new ideas and are open for a challenge as well as cherish relations with other people and want to learn about different cultures!
The Mentor reports directly to the Student Affairs and is responsible for developing and fostering meaningful relationships with newcomers in collaboration with other mentors to ensure smooth integration to local community and university environment
- Event management: collaborate with mentors' team and Student Affairs to develop program for newcomers (September-December 2017
- Develop and implement activities for and with newcomers
- Supervise and actively participate with groups of newcomers in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities (indoor, outdoor, teambuilding, educational sessions, etc.)
- If needed, assist newcomers, in collaboration with Student Affairs, with life situations (health, accommodation, depression, travelling out of CZ, Student Clubs, etc.)
- Collaborate with Student Affairs in decision making process during mentor program
- Assist Student Affairs in educational sessions
- Submit monthly reports to Student Affairs and gain experience from monthly mentoring meetings
hours per month
Apply by Friday 04.08.2017 with CV and short motivation letter