Housing and Social Stipend Fall 2017

Housing and Social Stipend Fall 2017

by Registrar Office -
Number of replies: 0

Housing and Social Stipends Fall 2017

Housing stipend is financial compensation paid by Czech government (for the purpose of housing) to those UNYP students whose permanent residence is OUTSIDE of the city of Prague.

Housing Stipend in Fall 2017 is 540 CZK per month for 4 months (3 months for Late-intake freshmen and MPS freshmen) and is paid at the end of the semester.

What do you need to apply? 

You need to bring 2 papers to Registrar Office (4th floor):

  • Housing Stipend form. Fill in electronically (attached below), print it, sign and bring to the Registrar.

  • Copy of ID that shows your permanent residence is not in Prague. Usually your identity card or passport.

    Deadline for submitting forms to the Registrar's Office is Monday, October 30th, 2017 at 17:00.

    Who is eligible to receive HOUSING STIPEND?

  • Full-time degree-seeking students (SUNY students with a minimum of 9 semester credits or SUNY freshmen Fall 2017 minimum of 12 credits; BBA students with a minimum of 18 semester credits /BBA freshmen Fall 2017 minimum of 24 credit; Master in Psychology students - MPS) who fulfill all following conditions:

  • Students who DO NOT HAVE their permanent residence in Prague

  • Students enrolled in programs accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (BA, BBA, IER, CMM, PSY, Master in Psychology - MPS)

  • Students who have been studying for NOT MORE than 4 years (for SUNY students), 3 years (for BBA students) and 2 years (for MPS students). Previous studies at other universities are included!

  • Students who do not apply for this stipend outside of UNYP

Please note that the Ministry of Education is the institution that determines if a particular student is eligible for Housing Stipend. Furthermore, the Ministry only considers students enrolled in their "first study program/field" or transfer students "continuing their studies in the same field" to be eligible.  Those are internal terms applied by the Ministry of Education. Whether a student is recognized as "continuing study in the same study field" is also dependent on the code under which his/her previous university reported the leaving student.

 Who is eligible to receive social STIPEND?

  • Students are eligible if they already are awarded enhanced level child benefit by the Czech State support office (by Úřad státní sociální podpory).

  • Students have to obtain a confirmation from the State support office declaring that an income of whole family is not higher than the minimum subsistence level in the Czech Republic and which is not also higher than a coefficient of 1,5.

    How to apply?

    Bring the confirmation from the State support office and an affidavit that the amount of income that you provide is authentic.

    Deadline for submitting forms: Monday, October 30th, 2017  at 17:00.

453 words