We would like to share the following updates regarding Covid 19 (coronavirus disease).
UNYP is monitoring the situation closely and although the risk of a coronavirus disease outbreak in the Czech Republic is currently still relatively low, UNYP is in the process of finalizing measures to be implemented should an outbreak occur. All tests for the virus that have been done so far in the Czech Republic have come out negative, however, the virus has been identified in countries and regions outside of China, such as South Korea, Italy, Japan, Iran and others. To access the list of infected regions and countries, you can use the following link: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
The World Health Organization recommended simple but effective measures to protect yourself and others:
For more information please visit WHO’s website:
Reconsider travelling to the infected regions, and if you have just returned from any of the countries on the list, please contact the Rectors Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following recommendations are for those returning from all infected regions. People arriving from the People’s Republic of China must be reported to the local Center for Disease Control and Prevention (hygienická stanice) and be in quarantine for 14 days.
1. If you do not have any of the symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath:
· It is highly recommended that you stay home for 14 days from the time of your arrival and minimize contact with other people.
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or use disinfectants with min. 70% alcohol;
· Phone the anti-epidemic department of the local center for disease control and prevention (hygienická stanice), they will decide on appropriate anti-epidemic measures, including possible quarantine;
· Contact your general practitioner if you need confirmation of the quarantine.
· If you have symptoms such as subfebrile-febrile temperatures, cough, shortness of breath, phone the local clinic of infectious medicine (klinika infekčního lékařství).
· If you are asked to come in for a check-up to an infectious disease ward, do not use public transport. Put on a face mask and enter the waiting room only when the staff of the infectious disease ward asks you to do so.
2. If you have any of the symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath please:
· Stay home and avoid contact with other people.
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or use disinfectants with min. 70% alcohol.
· When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief or arm or sleeve, not with your hands!!!
· Phone the local clinic of infectious medicine .
· If you are asked to come in for a check-up to an infectious disease ward, do not use public transport. Put on a face mask and enter the waiting room only after the staff of the infectious disease ward asks you to.
We will keep monitoring all developments and we will inform you accordingly.
You can monitor the situation in Europe at this website:
Updates for Prague are available here (Czech version only)