2021, August 27 - UNYP Covid Safety Measures for Orientation Week
We look forward to welcoming you at the New Student Orientation next week. The following are the key measures that UNYP will implement to do our best to keep all of you safe.
Please understand these measure are there to keep you safe, and also the people around you. We will be enforcing them and we ask for your community support in keeping yourself and others safe.
UNYP COVID Measures for Orientation Week
· The use of facemasks (FFP2 respirators or similar) for everyone, everywhere in the building/s, is mandatory, including in classes.
· Any persons who demonstrate Covid-19 symptoms will be politely asked to temporarily leave the premises as a precaution.
· Single use gloves will be available for free at reception.
· Additional cleaning staff have been hired, and will rotate throughout the building all day to disinfect classrooms, handles and other surfaces.
· Plastic cups have been removed from water fountains. Students and faculty are asked to bring their own cup or water bottle. Packaged, single use cups will be available at reception for free upon request. UNYP water bottles from recycled plastic or glass will also be available at the Café.
· Touchless hygiene (disinfection) stations have been placed throughout the premises.
· Hand sanitizing gels can be found in all classes and restrooms.
· To maximize distance between students attending the classes in person, full use will be made of the auditorium and the larger classrooms.
· Usage of lift will be restricted to 3 persons total and it will be recommended to use the lift only for going to higher floors in the building, thus it is recommended that when going down, to use the stairs.
· Informational posters around the university with information on Symptoms, preventative measures and mask maintenance.
· All special measures related to the Library will be available on the e-Learning Library Department Board.
For those of you that have just arrived in the Czech Republic and are not completely familiar with the current regulations we are sending a short overview with links where you can find further information.
It is necessary to wear a respirator or other protective equipment without an exhalation valve with a filtration efficiency of at least 94% (class FFP2 / KN 95) in public transport, and generally in indoor areas. In addition to wearing of respirator, going to bars, restaurants, theaters, cinemas, swimming pools, galleries, museums, concerts etc. requires one of the following:
· negative RT-PCR test not exceeding 7 days old,
· negative POC (so-called antigenic) test not exceeding 72 hours old,
· laboratory confirmation of having recovered from covid-19 disease in the period not longer than 180 days before the day of the event,
· vaccination, provided the last dose (i.e., in case of a two-dose vaccination scheme, the second one, in case of a single-dose vaccination scheme, the first one) has been administered at least 14 days prior to the event.
COVID Portal for current measures in all areas of life https://covid.gov.cz/en/
Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic https://koronavirus.mzcr.cz/en/
UNYP E-Learning COVID-19 Updates https://elearning.unyp.cz/course/view.php?id=3877